What is a Tool Library?
Tool libraries are just like traditional libraries, but with tools instead of books.
Why would someone want to use a Tool Library?
They are a great resource for people who can’t (or don’t want to) buy tools they are only going to use once in a while.
Maybe you need a tile cutter for a kitchen remodel. Come borrow ours. How about a miter saw to build that treehouse? We have 2! Want to fertilize or reseed your lawn? We have spreaders to loan. Our members may borrow these items free of charge for a 7-day period.
Check out our ever-growing tool inventory here.
Is this Portland’s only Tool Library?
Nope, Portland has FIVE! EPTL is filling in the last unserved area of east Portland. If you live:
* North of Division * East of 82nd * South of the Columbia River * West of Gresham city limits, you fall within EPTL’s boundaries. To learn more, visit the Membership page or email us .
click for a google map of districts
If you do not reside in our territory, there may be another library to serve you. Click the image above for a basic map of our city’s amazing tool lending locations:
- East Portland Tool Library Cherry Park United Methodist Church 1736 SE 106th Ave. 97216
- North Portland Tool Library 2209 N Schofield St. 97217
- Northeast Portland Tool Library 5431 NE 20th Ave. 97211
- Southeast Tool Library 1137 SE 20th Ave. 97214
- Green Lents Tool Library 9215 SE Ramona St. 97266 (note that EPTL & Green Lents territories overlap)